OpenWith Enhanced translations
Starting from version 1.0, OpenWith Enhanced supports user interface translations via gettext .mo files.
At the moment, the following translations are available, all contributed by users:
- Brazilian Portuguese - download here
- Chinese (Simplified) - download here
- Dutch - download here
- French - download here
- German - download here
- Greek - download here
- Korean - download here
- Russian - download here
- Slovak - download here
- Spanish - download here
Installing a translation
Some of the translations are already included in the distribution, so all you have to do is to go to 'Settings' screen and pick a language of your choice.
If you've downloaded an additional translation, just copy it to the program's installation folder (usually \Program Files\Frieger\OpenWith\), launch OpenWith Enhanced and select a new language on the 'Settings' screen.
Making a new translation (or improving an old one)If you want to make a new translation, or improve an old one
- Download the latest translation sources from here
- Pick an existing translation file (for example, German.po) to improve an existing translation, or ow_template.po if you want to start a new one. Rename it accordingly to the target language.
- Use any of the translation tools that support .po files (some of them could be found here) to translate the strings.
- A few notes:
- Do not change the content of ID="..." tags
- Keep the newline characters and %s markers
- When translating dialogue items, do not copy the IDD_SOMETHING#12345 strings but translate and put the quoted content from the entry's remarks
- Compile it to .mo file and place it into OpenWith installation directory (usually \Program Files\Frieger\OpenWith\)
- After checking your translation, you can send both .mo and .po files you've changed back to me to , and I'll add them to the site